Having a perfectly aligned, straight smile is one of the factors that contributes to greater self-confidence and self-esteem. Unfortunately, very few of us are blessed with a perfect smile. More often than not, many of us have to deal with crooked or misplaced teeth and an uneven smile. If this is you, you may have considered treatment options such as braces in the past. However, many adults don’t want to put up with noticeable, uncomfortable and unsightly braces. Braces are often considered the province of teenagers, and for many reasons, you may not want to look like a teenager again.
That’s where ClearCorrect can help.
What is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is a relatively new cosmetic dental procedure that has been around since 2006. It is rapidly becoming highly sought after as more and more people realise the advantages of using the ClearCorrect system.
ClearCorrect makes use of custom-made, clear aligners which, over time, allow a patient’s teeth to slowly shift in the designated direction. They can correct teeth alignment problems (such as crowded or spaced teeth, crooked teeth, overbites and underbites) to create a perfectly straight and aesthetic smile.
Think of them as invisible braces. Made of clear plastic, they do the job of braces but without being nearly as noticeable. They will realign your teeth gradually without anyone noticing that it’s happening, and they are completely removable too.
Why ClearCorrect is a great solution for your teeth alignment problems
There are many reasons why ClearCorrect is a very effective treatment for your teeth alignment problems:
- The aligners are clear and thus barely noticeable
- Given time, they are highly successful at realigning crooked teeth
- They are removable for tasks such as eating, teeth cleaning etc.
- They are custom made for each patient’s teeth, making them a perfect fit
- They are easily cleaned
- The treatment is non-invasive
- The aligners are metal-free
- They need to be worn for around 22 hours per day, giving you a small window of time when you don’t have to wear them
- They are an irritation-free treatment with no adjustment discomfort
- They are resistant to clouding
- They are resistant to being deformed under biting pressure
- The treatment is delivered in stages, allowing for control and flexibility
How does ClearCorrect work?
ClearCorrect works by gradually adjusting the teeth until they reach their desired position in your mouth. The clear plastic aligners replicate force to correct the teeth bit by bit. Every few weeks, your ClearCorrect aligners are replaced with a new set, and this step is repeated until the teeth are in the correct position.
The procedure for ClearCorrect treatment
The ClearCorrect treatment procedure is carried out in stages. At each new stage (usually between 4 – 6 weeks) a new aligner is used to adjust the teeth a little bit at a time.
The process for ClearCorrect treatment is as follows:
- Initial consultation. ClearCorrect treatment is not suitable for everyone, so you’ll need to book a consultation with your dentist to determine if this is the best treatment option for you. Your dentist will give you an idea of the cost, the amount of time the treatment will take, and will answer any questions you have.
- Evaluation. If ClearCorrect is a good option for you, your dentist will then take photos and x-rays of your mouth, as well as impressions of your teeth. This will help form a customised prescription and treatment plan.
- Consolidation. All this information will be sent through to ClearCorrect, where a series of customised clear aligners will be made for you. These will be sent to your dentist.
- Begin treatment. You’ll need to meet with your dentist to learn how to use the aligners correctly.
- Adjust. Patients will need to return to the dentist every 4 – 6 weeks for a check-up and a new set of aligners. Each new aligner is worn until your teeth move enough to be ready for the next aligner.
The total length of the procedure will vary depending on each patient’s individual circumstances and goals.
What are the advantages of ClearCorrect over other orthodontic treatments?
ClearCorrect is very similar to other orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign, as both use removable clear aligners to reposition and straighten teeth. However, ClearCorrect is more affordable than other orthodontic solutions, while still being just as effective. ClearCorrect is a high-quality solution that offers a range of treatment plans to suit each individual.
Of course, ClearCorrect’s main advantage over traditional braces is the fact that they are not nearly as noticeable and unsightly as braces. Traditional metal or ceramic braces can be expensive, uncomfortable and visually unappealing. The invisible look and slim-line fit give ClearCorrect an enormous advantage over their competition. With ClearCorrect, there is no need for wires or brackets, and none of the restrictions that come with traditional braces.
And what’s more, with ClearCorrect you can continue to eat whatever you like without having to worry about food getting caught. You simply remove the aligners for eating, then replace them when you’re done.
Modern dentistry is evolving, and nowadays there’s no need to put up with outdated treatments. Take advantage of modern dental techniques and let ClearCorrect revolutionise your smile.
Why choose Lentini Dental for your ClearCorrect treatment?
Lentini Dental is a strong believer in functional orthodontic therapy and takes a holistic approach to your treatment. Our dentists are expertly qualified in the field of orthodontics and have the experience and technical proficiency to take great care of you.
At Lentini Dental we believe everyone deserves an amazing and confident smile, and we expertly facilitate your ClearCorrect treatment to help you achieve that goal.